Friday, November 20, 2009

the japanese skirt

Today, I was politely informed this morning, I was to make the Japanese skirt.

ok.  

Would you believe that from all the truly Japanese prints in my stash, this is the one Lily chose?  Amy Butler's Daisychain print.  Superb, huh!

So again, some simple rotary cutting for the basic shapes and another new skirt was to be had. I wish it were mine.  
  
I had planned a zip for this one, but Lily wanted elastic waist as the zip would be too hard for her to manage.  I decided to go for a separate waistband to cut down on the bulk around the waist that comes from  such a full skirt.

Apparently, it is exactly as she has always wanted and will wear it until she is 18. Awww, I might just make her that dress tomorrow she has planned for me.

4 comments:

I love to read your comments and hear from you, so say hi when you drop in :)