Thursday, May 14, 2009

my creative space

This knitting business has been occupying a fair bit of my creative space this week, test knitting for milo, churning out some little vests. I love this denim colour in the lusciously soft Pear Tree merino.


And there has been a little bit of sewing going on, I've raided this special pile of stash for our upcoming stocking, 'Local Love'. So far it's looking something like this, as I grab little snippets of stolen time in the sewing room, a couple of pockets here, some topstitching there, inseams here ..... you get the idea.And this is what's next on my list. I scored this cute little book in an op shop. Lily has picked out plenty of things for me to make, mostly a wardrobe of clothing for her dolls. It has some great little patterns for some Steiner styled dolls. And when I've finished everything for the stocking, I'm allowed to start on the pattern which came from Kelani (see sidebar for link) It's sooooo cute, I've picked the fabrics and we're going for pinks and greens for Lily.


jump on over to kootoyoo for some more creative spaces, add yours even!!

13 comments:

  1. oh i am excited about your stocking - gotta get my hands on some pants for my little man :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "local love" pockets look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving those "local love" pants. It's about time Toby had some Tikki pants :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, look at all that gorgeous fabric......serious fabric envy here :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very impressed with your vest churning! If there's an opposite to churning, that's what I'm doing. Still doing it. Taking a long time. But have sinusitis and can't concentrate and don't want to mess it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The denium Milo vest is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your space is great! I love the fabric and that yarn is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the denim colour of your knitting and the pants are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving the little details in your knitting pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh! I adore this girl dress pattern!
    And (referring to the post below)isn't great to see how babies grow and change? I'm amazed at every little step..so much in so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow G, they look amazing!!!!!!!! I WILL nap some of your pants for Kai . . . one day ;) *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh pleeeease don't have your stocking while we're away! Z needs some more Tikki pants :)
    The vest looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and hear from you, so say hi when you drop in :)