Sunday, February 01, 2009

the logic of the rainbow child

I've been working a bit on the Rainbow Dress pattern, I'm making a few subtle changes to improve it a bit and adding some options to the pattern that people keep asking me how to do. I'm going to put the pattern into downloadable pdf form. Anyway, to do so I'm knitting a couple of Rainbow dresses to photograph with the different options. Lily will be scoring a couple, one will be for our new niece and one will be a surprise gift for a friend who has been very giving. And if Megsie has a girl, she'll be getting one too.

I bought this gorgeous yarn a while back from Jolly Jumbuck for just this purpose and had planned a black bodice with a black full ruffled hem. I told Lily what I was planning to knit and her response was, "Oh no Mum, I don't like black."
A little floored by this I asked, "Why not darling?"
"Because it's not in my name."
I wasn't quite sure what she meant by this and then it dawned on me, there's no black in a rainbow.

Can't argue with that logic.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness she is a corker isn't she? Such a lovely child.....can't get enough of her Lily-isms LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and hear from you, so say hi when you drop in :)