Friday, February 08, 2008

This is ... my collection


I'm really not very good at these things LOL I missed one and this is last week's.  I can't even remember whose idea this one was, but you can check out Three Buttons blog for details of what the heck I'm talking about.

So my collection was the topic.  i have lots of stuff I hoard, i mean collect. There's the fabric, the yarn, vintage sewing and knitting patterns. But given that most of the bloggers doing this meme are crafters, they probably all have collections like that. Hmm, my husband would say i collect shoes, which strictly speaking isn't true. I just have a shoe for every possible occasion.... and a few more! 

So then it came to me books, and so I zeroed in on this tiny little collection of beat poetry books. I fell in love with the beat movement after reading Jack Kerouac's On The Road and Allen Ginsberg's Howl at uni.  There was something about the whole hipness of it and rejection of the main stream that I guess appealed to me. A fabulous literary movement.

And just in front of my treasured books you can see a couple of shell from my shell collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and hear from you, so say hi when you drop in :)