Wednesday, August 15, 2007

a little knitting



A couple of little washcloths. The blue from Jo Sharp Soho Summer DK cotton in Azul, the mauve from Debbie Bliss cotton DK. They were both knit on 4.5 mm needles and what I like about both patterns in that they're dual sided so look nice from both sides. The different stitches produce two very different types of fabrics, the DB cotton is thicker and more robust so really suits the ribbed pattern. And the JS which is a finer cotton worked well on this twisted purl stitch, I like how the stitch looks in the looser weave.

These are for my mum, her favourite colours are lavendery/mauvey colours. I don't know if she'll actually use them but they will look pretty in her bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and hear from you, so say hi when you drop in :)