Thursday, June 14, 2007

When everything seems to be working against you..

you've just got to give in to what fate is telling you, well perhaps that's a little bit deep.

So it's no work Wednesday night and for once the little night owl is in bed at a reasonable hour, after my nightly viewing I decided to break my golden rule and chance a little sewing. I've been wanting to make some more twirly peasant skirts for awhile, so I dragged out the cord and a little velveteen and set about cutting. Then I went to sew, thwarted, I had only the smallest amount of brown thread on the spool and no matching bobbin. Grrrr!! yeah, I know I could have cut out some different coloured skirts, but I really had my heart set on a pink and brown one.

Next up I decided to make a little shirred top that I've been wanting to make for awhile, it's a little long sleeved style with shirring around the neckline; very cute!!! So I cut out all the fabric, did the gathering, and started working on the seams. It was then that I looked at my overlocker and for not the first time thought how convenient it would be to have two of the damn things, as yes, it was all threaded in black and the top I 'm working on is predominantly a white cotton. Yeah, I know it's not a big deal to rethread it, but frankly I couldn't be bothered, so took it as a sign that I really shouldn't be sewing on my night off.

That'll learn me LOL
What I really wanted to be doing was turning this gorgeous yarn from Monster Knits into these socks The only problem being the three UFOs you'll find pictured below, oh and the lack of the right size needles. I need some 2.5mm dpns which I have none of. I did spy a stack of dpns at the Op Shop the other day, so may have to go back to check out what they have.

2 comments:

  1. 2.5mm DPNs seem to be popular on US patterns, but not so here in Australia. Don't see them often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yarns galore have Addi dpns, and they are wonderful! I got my bamboo one's from there and love them!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and hear from you, so say hi when you drop in :)